Monday, August 1, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 3

Inbound Marketing, Brian Halligan


1.) What was the general theme or argument of the book?

The general purpose of this book is to serve as a guide and advice book on how to get your company found by users online through outlets such as google. As a product or service, you can only reach success if consumers know about you. This book is to help a business increase its presence on the web.

2.) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?

This book actually specifically enhanced my learning for my current internship. It is an internship based around social media so I have already used some of the information in this book as I was reading it. My company also talks a lot about improving our SEO, which is what this book is essentially trying to teach someone. 

3.) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?

As an exercise in class, I would have the students teach for different companies online and observe how they improve their presence and brand recognition to consumers. They could then write a paragraph or two on how that business could improve its marketing tactics.
4.) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

My biggest moment when reading the book was when I realized how these business tactics could not only be used for companies and the promotion of products, but also for your everyday life. Furthermore, it gave me more insight than I expected when using the information for my current internship. I even shared some of my learnings with my boss - she was impressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment