Friday, June 17, 2016

Halfway Reflection

The past two month have been interesting, fun and a class I will probably be looking back on in the near future for reference and reflection. I look forward to the second half of this course, and the many insights I will gain for the different assignments.

Another main thing that has gotten me through this class so successfully is the support of my adorable puppy. He cheers me on.




1. Tenaciousness is competency.

To keep up with the course, you have to stay on track and really learn to manage your time accordingly. One of the tactics I use is looking ahead at the beginning of each week and seeing what assignments I have due and what resources I am going to need to complete each assignment. I also have written down every assignment on my calendar so that I don't forget one or miss a simple due date.

2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude. 

Some of the assignments (like the ones where you have to interview multiple people) are difficult and tiresome. I have wanted to just skip an assignment and take the hit for the missed points. However, I remind myself that each assignment has a purpose and that I will learn from each person I talk to. I can proudly say that I have not missed an assignment for the last two months, so I think this classifies me as quite tenacious.

3. Three tips.

A couple tips I would give to support the fostering of tenacious skills and a tenacious mindset is to dedicate yourself to the class since it has something you have decided to take. You should also 100% be sure to not miss an assignment, because although the assignments can be time consuming, they are easy and all about yourself so it's not worth missing the points. Lastly, I would say you need to time manage, shoot for nothing less than an A and make the most out of the opportunity that this class has to offer.


3 comments:

  1. Megan,
    Congratulations on making it through the first half! From your post I am confident you will complete this course successfully and with flying colors! I draw some parallels with your adventure. Seeking out people for assignments are not an easy task, and it takes courage too. Sometimes I find myself in the middle of a crowd taking several minutes to gather myself before approaching a person. It can be a downer when people reject your flat from your first word, but it is part of the learning experience for me. Like you I look ahead at the assignments, but I don’t put them in my calendar. I just log into the system every day.
    Keep your cheerleader puppy close by, his affection and love will always boost your energy and spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading your post and especially liked your three tips because that really resonates with me and they are similar to those which I set forth in my own post. Also, how can one not comment on your dog; it is easy to see how your are succeeding with such a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan,
    I agree 100% with everything you wrote, time management is definitely key. The way the assignments are structured it’s almost impossible to wait until the last minute to do them. I also have a calendar that I use to log all my past and future assignments. It’s so easy to lose track of what needs to be done. Congratulations on not missing any assignments, I can’t say the same.

    ReplyDelete