Friday, June 17, 2016

Portmanwho? - PUPSIE

Portmanteau.

WORD: pupsie

DEFINITION: combination of "puppy" and "bestie". It's what you call your puppy that is ultimately your best friend because you hate people or are bad at making human friends so all you have is your dog which becomes your pupsie.

USE:
My pupsie's name is Max.
Snap chat post - me and my pupsie just chillin' this weekend.
Do you have a pupsie?
I don't like people so I'm so glad I have a pupsie.
Puppies over human bestie for life!

REACTION: At first people started looking at me funny and were like "what are you saying?" My boyfriend made fun of me for being so obsessed with my dog that I made up a word for our relationship. Once I told people the definition and that it originated from my lack of human friends and interaction, they found it quite humorous. A couple of friends snap chatted me back with pictures of their dogs calling them pupsies, so I guess it caught on in a comedic manner.

I like my word. & my pupsie.






1 comment: