Monday, July 25, 2016

My Exit Strategy

1. For my exit strategy, I will ideally sell my business in the efforts of getting a greater return on profit.

2. I feel like I will be good at starting up a company and setting the ground for success - but may become bored once the product levels out to a consistent return form the market. I will want to move on to a new environment, business and consumer base because I love to be around new things and change.

3. I think this exit strategy has influenced my opportunity because I have always had this thought in my head that my product will become successful and enticing once it is new and in stores. However, I also feel like with time, it will become a "normal" product to purchase which would leave me at a level of repetition that I probably wouldn't want to stay in forever. There are only so many additions and improvements that can be made. I would rather start a whole new opportunity at that point.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,
    I have selected a similar strategy, to sell the business sometimes is good. When you feel that you have provided the business all you could, and got from it all you could is a good exist time. If it is by selling the business or selling your shares in the business will produce the satisfaction for both sides.
    I can certainly understand your sentiment about repetition. If you are not comfortable doing something over and over again without variation then you are right, it's time to exit.
    Good job on developing your concept and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great post. I find it interesting to see that you wanted to sell your business for a profit instead of see it as a full career commitment. I like you decided that I would most likely part ways with my business. Always intriguing to see other peoples perspectives on the same ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,
    I also have the same exit strategy. I also love to be around new things and change, so like you I would eventually sell my company for a profit. I think it's good to move on and try new things. When the time comes, I hope you sell your company for a lot of money. It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete