Saturday, July 9, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 2

The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users

1.) What was the general theme or argument of the book?

The general theme of the book was based around social media, and an individuals use of it. It did not only give helpful life hacks and tips of the usage, but also how to make it mean different things and utilize the most successfully and appropriately. 

2.) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?

This book actually specifically enhanced my learning for my current internship. It is an internship based around social media so I have already used some of the information in this book as I was reading it. A lot of the information I hadn't even heard before. However, it was interesting when I came across a paragraph or so that I was already familiar with from working in the field. 

3.) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?

As an exercise for this class, I would have all of the students do a social media clean up and go back to their middle school Facebook posts and delete inappropriate or unreadable material that they wouldn't want people today to find. I would also advise them to delete bad pictures and materials that would effect their personal brand in a negative way.

4.) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?

My biggest moment when reading the book was when I realized how these business tactics could not only be used for companies and the promotion of products, but also for your everyday life. Furthermore, it gave me more insight than I expected when using the information for my current internship. I even shared some of my learnings with my boss - she was impressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment